Tuesday, October 03, 2006


Try Something New

Change is good. At least that's the expression. Eventually, we get bored with some aspect of our day to day lives and we want to try something new. So, from this introduction, I am obviously in the mood to try something new. What exactly? Well, for reasons that are not clear even to me, I'm going to attempt to change my eating habits. The past two days I haven't had time to eat lunch, and amazingly I haven't starved to death. So I wondered, could I completely re-invent the way I eat? Could I stop eating lunch entirely, and train my body to adjust to a new feeding schedule? Here is my crazy experimental plan. For the next 1-2 weeks, I will only have two meals a day. For the first meal, I'll have my typical breakfast. The second meal will be around 5 or 6 when I come home from work, and, essentially, I'll eat as much as want. There are few things I want to figure out from this "experiment". First, I want to know if I can actually change my habits. Second, I want to know if my body can adjust and I actually stop getting hungry around lunch-time. Third, I would like to see if I lose or gain any weight (doubt it, but we'll see). Finally, I want to finish all the rice, pasta, and other food in my flat before moving at the end of the month.

No comments: