Tuesday, October 24, 2006

One week from now I’ll be on my way to Germany! That’s right, only one week left in Jyväskylä. I gotta say, I’m excited and I’m ready, though on the other hand Jyväskylä and Finland in general has been pretty good to me. How’s my day to day life gonna change? I wish I knew, but I can put forth a few certainties. Like now, I will still spend a considerable amount of time staring at the computer, analyzing data over and over again, attempting to write interesting, publishable scientific papers. However, I won’t have any experimental distractions like I’ve had while in Jyväskylä the past two years. That is, I can’t leave the computer to go and do some small, quick, or easy experiments (all those adjectives only apply in my mind; few experiments are truly quick and easy). Instead, I’ll be chained to the computer, stuck writing about the experiments I’ve already done…time to get rid of that data. I also assume that I’ll spend quite a lot of time developing quasi-brilliant ideas to test in the near future, like I do now. On the other hand, I’ll probably take some time away from that task to try my hand at learning German. Language isn’t my strong suit (it’s science if you haven’t noticed), but I gotta give it a try. Everyone wish me luck…on both the move and the language thing.

No comments: