Friday, July 28, 2006


Today "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" was released in Germany. I watched it with Barbara and Johannes. The plot of the 150 minute-long movie was a bit of a disappointment to me because the different strands were pretty hard to follow and the story was very similar to the first part. Dramaturgy? Negative!
Well, at least the bad guys are uglier this time:).
I guess, it was even worse to watch for my two companions because they haven´t seen "Pirates of the Caribbean 1". Most of the film rolls downhill (if you´ve seen it, you´ll know what I mean) What I hate about movies are open endings! Now I have to watch the third part as well, in which Keith Richard plays Jack Sparrow´s (Johnny Depp) dad.
Maybe one movie about Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl (a ship) was enough. Do you know any sequels which are as good or better than the previous flick?
Perhaps I was expecting too much of a film that´s based on a Disney ride.
I still like Johnny Depp a lot though.

No comments: