Monday, July 31, 2006

Spy Hard

This is an interesting article on corruption in the Italian national security organization. I knew the form Italian prime minister, Berlusconi, was probably pretty corrupt, and this article seems to support it. Nowadays, I'm getting my news through a European outlet (BBC) so I'm a bit surprised that I haven't really heard much about this before. Apparently, the investigation into an American rendition operation, which has been in the news, is turning up some rather provacative material. The author draws a possible correlation between this investigation and the "veil of secrecy" surrounding the American intelligence agency. While I won't express too much of an opinion on this (maybe I can be the only Benesh child left off the "blacklist"), I have to say it would interesting to know what is really going on inside the Bush administration's intelligence community. Journalistic dynamite!

Dan

No comments: