Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I found this mind-blowing. Teenage Americans, on average, expect to earn well over $100,000 per year as adults, a number way out of touch with reality. Here is the article. The age range in this survey was from 13 to 18, and I must admit that I didn't have much of a clue about money in the real world when I was 13. By the time I was 18, though, I had worked numerous low-paying jobs, and I knew that money doesn't come easy. I suppose kids that are not as negative as I was (or perhaps not as realistic) don't let these kind of real-world experiences destroy their dreams.

3 comments:

Ben said...

It just shows how uneducated American kids are.

claudia said...

What du u expect? In TV they watch everyday how easy it seems to be being a star (only 2 words: Paris Hilton) and getting rich. I guess after the first low-paid job they are more realistic ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey come on guys n gals! This isnt just an issue in the States... This is typical everywhere in the western hemisphere! Girls want to be Paris Hilton and guys want to be Hugh Hephner!